Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm so excited.  I have two new comments.  : )  By the way.... the account of Job isn't read until September but if your chronological plan has it earlier that's ok....

This week's reading has us experiencing what the Egyptians and Israelites were going through during the plagues and then the Israelites exodus from Egypt.  There are just too many examples in there of human nature and how we tend to relate to God.  Every time I read of these accounts, I bring something new from them.  On Jan 28th, you'll be reading from Exodus 16 and 17.  In the account of Exodus 17: 1-7 the Bible reads: "And he called the place Massah (or testing) and Meribah (or quarreling) because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the Lord saying, "Is the Lord among us or not?""   When I read the question, "Is the Lord among us or not?"...it hit home.  How many times have I doubted God when things weren't  going like I wanted.  I've questioned whether God was with me and had basically left me behind.  I had to ask him to forgive me and help me to remember that his love was a hands on love and not a long distance relationship. 

Thank you Lord for Jeremiah 29:11.   You are just awesome!

cindi4christ   I will get the reading plan info to you.  I don't have the reading plan that I copied for people at church at my fingertips right now.  The link above, Bible Study Tools, can provide you with a chronological reading plan.  The reading plan doesn't exactly follow along with the My Daily Bible but it is close enough.

Gene:   It was your wife Bettie that introduced me to this Bible.  You are so right.  I know that Word of God is alive but the way this Bible is put together makes it even come more alive to me.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Jackie. Reading the Bible in the order that it actually happened makes it even more real. Later on, when we get to the Kings, and see what was actually going on during their time, and then read the prophets, associated with them; it's absolutely awesome. God is Good!!!!

    ReplyDelete