Wednesday, June 15, 2011

God I need to see you.....

I first want to apologize for my lack of maintaining this blog.  I asked God's forgiveness first since I believe it was He who told me to do this.  Most of you know my excuses; all having to do with illness and family.   Primarily, I have been pre-occuppied about our little Hudson. 

Today's entry is more about what has been going on in my life.  A testimony.  After all, we are overcomers by the word of our testimony.

In the weeks prior to Hudson's birth, my petition to God was "God I need to see you active in MY LIFE, not someone else, not through prayers I pray for someone else.  I need to see you working actively in my life.  I want first hand experience".    And then Hudson was born.  My first reaction was an attitude of  "Thanks a lot God.  I ask for you to show yourself active and real in my life and what you give us is a handicapped child."  I bet you can guess what God said. 

This journey with Hudson is surreal right now.  All the literature that we read and the literature that has been given to us to read paints a fairly bleak picture. He has been diagnosed with Cry of  the Cat or 5minusP.   Worse case scenario is a child that harms himself, wears a helmet, has no verbal skills, unable to walk or feed himself, no emotional connection, or knowledge of the world around him or ability to recognize the people who love him or even to recognize love.  In saying the above, that is what I felt was the worse case scenario.  The fact that over half of these children do not live through infancy was not the worse that could happen in my eyes.  I'm just being real here.

Last week, Hudson was examined by the geneticist who said he didn't see anything wrong with him and that he is doing remarkably well and he didn't need to see him for a year.  PTL!!!  Please understand, Hudson still has Cry of the Cat.  His chromosomes aren't  going to change short of a miracle.  Hudson, right now is defying the disease.  He's not suppose to be able to suck or swallow or have an appetite BUT he's eating baby cereal from a spoon.  He's not suppose to have any muscle tone BUT he's rolling over and is very vigorous and strong.  He's suppose to have heart and kidney conditions which he doesn't.  He's suppose to eye problems which is doesn't.  He's a baby that loves to cuddle  and very definitely is in love with his Mommy.   Every day is a reason to praise the Lord for Hudson's progress.

Has God told me that Hudson is healed?  No, He hasn't.  What God has told me is that this is going to be a faith walk.... this is going to be a journey and I don't know the destination yet.  I guess that's a little like Abraham starting out for the Promised Land.   I am sure that there will be tests and hurdles to over come along the way just like Abraham did.  BUT, I definitely see God working actively in Hudson's life and body.  Not exactly what I wanted from God when I asked Him to show himself real to me but I know that God knows best.

Thank you for letting me share this.  I know it isn't about our Bible reading directly.  I'll have another post this week about what we've read and then one about what we are reading currently.

PS   THANK YOU GENE AND RICK FOR YOUR COMMENTS.....  I appreciate it more than you know.

Bon Apetit
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, I don't know what I could possibly say that you don't already know. I know God is real, and has shown Himself real in my life. I've seen Him turn impossible situations into good things. I've seen Him take horrible situations in my life and turn them around for good things. He is a God of Possibilities.
    Regardless of how things work out in Hudson's life, (and I believe that God is healing him), God will show Himself strong in you and your families life. God is more concerned with our character than He is with our comfort. He loves us without measure. God Bless. Our prayers are with you and the family.
    Gene

    ReplyDelete