Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year all!  It's been over a year and a half since I posted anything.  To be honest, I am in a better place this year than I have been in a long time and I thank God for that.

I had been searching for an occupational health nursing position during this time period.  Every time I thought I had the job something would not work out.  I was working per Diem for a couple of agencies.  My schedule was very erratic and I had to drive all over Houston to work which I HATED.  I finally realized that I had been grumbling and whining to God about it.  So, I asked forgiveness and went on from there.
  
In May,  my daughter, her husband and sons moved to Indiana.  That meant; all my children, grandchildren and family lived in Indiana.  I was still actively pursuing work and getting job offers but either, I was too late, or it was too far or....   Finally, in October, I got a call from one of the major hospitals in the area who needed an RN to work at a local industry.  I had planned a trip to Indiana in November for 3 weeks. I went to the interview and told them about the trip and that I would try to shorten the number of days if needed to obtain the job.  I got the job which is only 2.24 miles from home, they agreed to let me go on my 3 weeks trip, and I love the people I work with.  Isn't God awesome!  He knew how much I needed this job with my family in Indiana.  Well, enough about me.  

This year, I have decided to read the Bible through chronologically.  I'll be using "The Daily Bible" published by Harvest House.  It is NIV and has daily devotions to go along with the daily reading material. I'll also have chronological reading plans at Faithbridge Church's information desk.  Please feel free to join in with me and make comments.   

May God bless you this year as you follow focused after Him.

Jacqueline Dodd

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have you back, Jackie. I'll be following you, only I'm doing mine in the "Historical" Bible of YouVersion. It will take me through the Bible, historically. May God bless you and your family in this coming year. God is good.

    ReplyDelete